The College of Arts was established in 1955, including three
departments: Chinese Literature, Foreign Languages and
Literature, and History.
1956 Departments of Political Science, Economics and Sociology were established.
1970 The Chinese Language Center was established.
1971 Department of Music was established.
1973 Departments of Business Administration and International Business were established (later the department under College of Business).
1979 Departments of Philosophy and Social Work were established.
1980 Department of Law was established (became the department under College of Law in 1981).
1983 Department of Fine Arts was established.
1992 Department of Japanese Language and literature was established.
2001 Graduate Institute of Religious Studies Master's Program was established.
2008 The English Language Center was established.